Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I want a song to be written about me.

More than anything, I want a boy to write a song about me.

A song about how I'm the one. About my eyes and my skin and the small of my back. About how the world looks with me in it.

A song about how I was the one who got away.

A song full of woe-heavy guitar strokes and lyrics that long for my touch. Just one more time.

I want the kind of song that makes teenage girls turn up the radio and silence their friends. A song to make all women, young and old, jealous.

I want to discover this song by pure accident. Hear it in the background of some independent movie or on a college radio station. I want to hear it and know it. Even if it's the first time the lyrics touch my ears.

I want to hear a line in the chorus that I will know is about me and only me.

I want a boy to write a song about me. About how despite all my flaws, I'm still perfect. And how every day and week makes me more beautiful. And how I also make the days more beautiful.

I want my song to be the choice song for weddings. Brides will pretend that their husbands wrote the song for them.

But, oh no, that song was written for me. And me alone. And it will always and forever be about me.

I want a boy to write a beautiful song about me. A song that will make me immortal. That will live on longer than I ever could.

A song that will make the hopeless believe in love again.

UPDATE (07.16.08): You know what? Screw a song. I had something better.

No comments: