Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My sister and I like to bastardize songs.

It's another addition of PC Song Lyrics!

Can you guess which songs these politically corrected/intellectualized lyrics belong to?

(1)
Artificial Plants Encased in Bark Made of Petroleum Byproducts
(This one's actually a title.)

(2)
Share with me the some of your ponderings on the supreme divine being. Share with me if I am extremely distant.

(3)
Those people are attempting to force me to enroll in a self-repair center.

(4)
Perhaps I arrange myself horizontally on this spot. Perhaps I simply arrange myself horizontally on this spot. By chance you could arrange yourself horizontally alongside me and simply disremember the planet.

(5)
Stroll as if you were from an ancient, northern African civilization.

(6)
Is there any amazement as to why I am fatigued? Is there any amazement as to why I possess stress? Is there any amazement as to why I am confused about the overall good?

(7)
Following twelve o'clock AM, this group (including myself) shall allow the total of everything to dangle below.

(8)
In no way is this a locale. It is a competition between two or more parties for military supremacy cursed by the supreme diving being.

(9)
Such a treacherous sport to engage in, to force this particular consciousness on me. Such a treacherous entity to accomplish, to allow me to mentally visualize you during slumber.

(10)
Hushed voices at the public transit station. My ears detected tales of evenings spent in educational facilities' lawns. I unveiled things concerning you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Fake Plastic Trees

2. Tell Me All your thoughts on God

3. They try to make me go to rehab....

4. If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world.

5. Walk like an Egyptian

6. Is it any wonder I'm tired? Is it any wonder that I feel uptight?
Is it any wonder I don't know what's right?

7. After midnight, were gonna let it all hang down.

8. This ain't a scene, its a god damn arm's race (GOOD ONE)

9. What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way. What a wicked thing to do to make me dream of you. (GOOOOOD ONE)

10.whatev

Some were too obscure but this entertained me a good few hours. Well done

FrequencyDown said...

1) Fake Plastic Trees
2)Counting Blue Cars
3)Rehab
4)
5)Walk Like An Egyptian
6)
7) After Midnight
8)
9)Wicked Game
10)Found Out About You

(No, I did not cheat), I hit comment before Jackie put her guesses in)

Queen of Awesome said...

Thank you Jackie and Frank. The only two people in the world, besides me, who think this game is fun.

THE ANSWERS:

(1)
"Fake Plastic Trees"
Radiohead

(2)
"Tell me all your thoughts on god. Tell me am I very far."
Dishwalla

(3)
"They trying to make me go to rehab."
Amy Winehouse

(4)
"If I lay here. If I just lay here. Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"
Snow Patrol

(5)
"Walk like an Egyption."
the Bangles

(6)
"Is it any wonder I'm tired? Is it any wonder why I feel uptight? Is it any wonder I don't know what's right?"
Keane

(7)
"After midnight, we're gonna let it all hang down."
Clapton

(8)
"This ain't a scene. It's a goddamn arm's race."
Fallout Boy

(9)
"What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way. What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you."
Chris Isaak

(10)
"Whispers in the bus stop. I've heard about nights out in the school yard. I've found out about you."
Gin Blossoms