Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I leave for Paris in 7 days.

Sacre bleu! My Paris vacation is getting closer and closer meaning I've less and less time to prepare.

Not going to lie, I haven't learned as much French as I'd like to. Normal everyday survival kind of got in the way of my studies. But I can say, "I don't eat meat." I can order wine (a glass, not a bottle). And I can ask for directions. Although if someone replies to any of my inquiries, I'll have to go into mime mode.

Maybe I should learn to say, "Thank you for directing me towards the bar. Now if only I could get out of THIS BOX!" Then I'd pop my hands onto the invisible walls of my prison until the Frenchman either leaves or chucks a Euro at me.

I wonder if that phrase is in the next chapter of my cheap "Learn French" CD-Rom. I'm going to check tonight!

No comments: