Monday, September 22, 2008

The internet makes photos better.

Once upon a time, looking through someone's vacation photos was right in line with having your eyeballs filed by rough sandpaper.

Now with the addition of social networking websites, photos of your little getaway offer a mental break for those in the corporate world.

I'll look at photos of your tubby husband shoeing a horse all damn day long. Because I don't want to write an email to my boss.

So you went to the Grand Canyon? Fantastic. Let's see yet another fuzzy pic of some old rock next to some other old rocks. Just keep me away from filing those reports from yesterday.

Oh, your sister's husband's twin's wife had an ugly baby? (Granted, not vacation photos) I'll keep flipping through each and every seemingly identical photo since the file network is taking forever today.


Yes, social networking has given us yet another way to shirk our corporate responsibilities. And I for one am grateful. But perhaps I should quit typing this and do something a little more productive.

No comments: