Monday, December 10, 2007

Every sentence has five words.

We're not counting syllables here. We are only counting words. And every sentence has five.

Why five words, you ask. Well, the answer is simple. I had no other ideas. It was classic writer's block.

It doesn't happen too often. But sometimes, I go blank. Even I have my moments. (Should "I" be one word? After all, it's a letter. Oh, well, I'm being silly.)

This blog is writing itself. The sign of good ideas. All good ideas fill out. They need no writer's help. Kind of like good ads. You only need just one. The rest all write themselves.

Any good writer knows this. (I consider myself pretty good.)And we feel like hacks. Quentin Tarantino said that once. (Did I spell that correctly?) It was about a scene. He said it wrote itself. He felt guilty for it. What movie was it again? I seem to have forgotten. I don't think "Pulp Fiction." Oh, wait, maybe it was. The "royal with cheese" scene? I really can't remember it. 

I should write a movie. What would it be about? Maybe panda bears and toads. They'd live in harmony together. They could chew on bamboo. They'd give warts to children. And fun times would follow.

Speaking of fun times, yawn. It's sleepy time for me. So I'm gonna sign off.

Have sweet dreams, dear reader.


No comments: