Monday, December 3, 2007

The 50th blog is approaching.

I can't help but get a little jazzed that the 50th blog is near.

That's 50 semi-coherent rants/stories/poems by yours truly. I actually made it this far. I don't think I've ever done 50 of anything with such dedication.

Well, except for maybe eating 50 of something. But even that sounds loony.

I digress.

I'd like to do some kind of best-of/thank you type of something. Because I know I have readers. I'm just not sure who you consist of. I mean, I know six for sure (funny enough, I've seen a good chunk of those naked, hmm).

So if you've got a topic or an idea, I'm opening up the request line. Usually, I hate getting suggestions. But 50 is a big deal. That's enough time to learn to swallow the ego and invite outside inspiration.

And after 50 comes 100 (after all of the fillers, of course). And then I can't really get excited about another one until 200. Or something like that.

So, please. Let me know who all reads this. Send suggestions this way or just mention something I wrote that hangs out in your head. Maybe I can make up a little ditty about you.

Unless that frightens you. Which it might.

And now, a haiku about carpet:
Apartment carpet.
It's beige and cheap and ugly.
Next time? Concrete floors.

3 comments:

FrequencyDown said...

Me naked frightens me.

Unknown said...

I hope Im included in that naked list... anyway just so you know your Haikus are my LIFE. I just laughed so much my bowels loosened... though as you know that isnt really a huge feat. I did just drink a huge coffee.

Props about the Vegas house, Wise men at Target, and the "enhanced" Christmas cookies, which now we know work on you but not me. Congrats on hittin 5-0!!

-JJ

Anonymous said...

... you've seen me naked?

-Philip