Tuesday, February 19, 2008

There are 100 postings of blog on the wall.

100 postings of blog on the wall.
100 postings of blog.
You write one down.
Slap on a crown.
The Queen of Awesome has written it all.

Not really. There are thousands of topics and stories yet to be written. But not tonight. Tonight we celebrate 100 pieces of literary existence.

Not all are bad, either.

Some are even fantastic.

So I can't help but be a little, teensy bit proud. After all, I started this thing so I'd have a reason to be creative. I needed an outlet. I needed to force myself to write.

And it hasn't always been easy. Sometimes, I dreaded sitting with my laptop and trying to concept something. Anything. I'd get frustrated and angry and in the last minute, eek out a handful of words or a half coherent thought.

Other times, my fingers danced on the keyboard to music my brain pumped into my bones. I'd have paragraphs written before I'd even go back to reread.

Tonight, though, tonight I'm relaxing and enjoying the fact that I've kept this up for as long as I have.

I'm not claiming that this is a super huge accomplishment. There are thousands and thousands of people who have daily blogs. Even hourly blogs. But I'm not those people. I'm a self-absorbed twenty-something who thinks the world owes her pretzels and endless sunshine (for the record, I love pretzels) because she eeked out 100 blogs.

Mmm. Speaking of pretzels, gotta run. See you at 101.

1 comment:

Terealius said...

I enjoy your blog, much like the song "You enjoy myself". That would be the you statement that would be said to me. Um, yeah. So, what I'll do is write a rap song in honor of your triumph of commitment. You do remember that I'm not much of a rapper, right? I'm challenging myself so here goes:

Sitting at my desk with a bowl of Jolly Rancher candy

Wanted to read your blog because they make me feel dandy

Amazed at how you continue your creative assault

Your flow is so sweet, you make sugar taste like salt

So, I'll continue to be a fan since you make all minds blossom

Get on your knees and hail VJ who's the Queen of Awesome

Word.