Sunday, February 28, 2010

It's like rai-ai-ain.

Dear sky,

I see that you plan on releasing water this coming Saturday. I also understand that I, as a simple human, am at your total mercy.

But I am going to take the role of humble supplicant, get on my knees, cup your chin with my palm and beg---please, please, PLEASE, if it must rain, will you end it around 3?

I'm not being greedy and asking that the rain cease all together. I'm going to aim for a more attainable goal and simple ask that it end by the late afternoon. Please.

My mother once pointed out that every significant event in my life is accompanied by rain. And I hoped that my wedding day would be different.

It hasn't rained on this date in Dallas in over ten years. I've checked. And now the weather readers say it's going to.

So please, prove my mother wrong. Let me have an open sky. Just for an hour.

Please.

No comments: