Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My watch is smarter than me.

I'm scared.

Of my watch.

Because it is aware.

It's one of those watches with the day of the week and the day's number displayed (no month, mind you).

So when I put it on today (totally expecting to have to adjust the date seeing as last month was 28 days long and the watch usually runs through 31) I go to adjust the date.

And it was already set to 3.

How did the watch know? I haven't set it myself. I haven't worn this watch in over a week.

How did it know?

When I saw the 3, I had to question myself. Because I wasn't even sure today was a 3.

But it is.

My watch is smarter than me. Because without me telling it what month it is, it ... just ... knew? Is that possible?

That or I'm officially insane. Both are plausible explanations.

No comments: