Tuesday, March 30, 2010

There she goes blogging about food again.

I love rice.

I really and truly love rice. It's great with any meal. You can eat it salty or sweet. It looks great on a plate (or in a box with a fox).

You can serve your protein on a bed of rice and it looks like you might know more about cooking than you really do.

And rice is just delicious.

So when BzzAgent invited me to be in the Mahatma Jasmine & Basmati Rice campaign, I got giddy. Because I was going to be getting free rice (not that rice is in any way expensive in the first place, but it's RICE!).

So my rice came and I've been eating it every day since (not on the honeymoon, though, seeing as I wasn't at home). And so I'm going to do my word-of-mouth (er, type-to-eyes) duty and tell you that you should eat Mahatma rice, too.

Why? Because it's freaking delicious. Jasmine rice just ... feels better. It's kind of sticky and goes so well with salmon. And with a rice cooker, making it is easy. Hell, I can do it. And I've done horrible things to rice before. One time in high school, I had to make rice pudding for a class party. Well, there was rice and there was pudding, but I'm pretty sure the fact that it crunched was why no one ate it. Seriously. No one touched it. It might have been because some of the grains were black--which I'll never figure out why. Come to think of it, was it even rice?

Anyway, Mahatma rice is easy...like Sunday morning, only without the hangover. As for the Basmati rice, just try and say that word without smiling. Baaaahz-mah-tee. Not to mention, kinda tastes nutty and smells good.

Which may sound weird. Because most of the time, rice doesn't smell or taste like anything. That's because, my friend, you're probably eating that crappy microwaved instant stuff. That's not Thai rice (whisked over here on the backs of magical unicorns*). Mahatma rice is aromatic and aged so it's premium. And the packaging ain't bad.

So that's my Bzz. Go get yourself some rice. It's a great mid-afternoon snack. I should know.


*Mahatma rice is not whisked over to the states on the backs of magical unicorns. It arrives via Yeti.

No comments: