Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Having allergies is stupid.

It snowed in Dallas. But it wasn't Dallas snow, which will come in the middle of the night and frost everything and then melt throughout the day.

Oh no. It wasn't a Dallas snow at all. It was real snow. It snowed for hours. I know, for I was glued to the window/door/TV watching massive flakes flip and flutter down to earth.

For this native Dallasite who had NEVER seen snow fall before (like I said, it always comes at night and melts), it was the most epic thing that's ever happened (next to being in love).

I frolicked. Cooter and I made snow angels. We got into a snowball fight. We performed plastic surgeries on various snowmen around our neighborhood (and not Dallas snowmen made from the muddy ice collected off of car bumpers, but real snowmen!). And we even ate snow! It was the coolest thing ever.

Then the allergies started to kick in. I'm not sure how. I'm not sure why. But two days after the snow fell, most of the people I know got pillaged by their own bodies' inability to push out ... pollen, perhaps?

I still feel like I have water in my head. Chewing is abnormally loud and echoey. And if I talk, it rattles the mucous from its various homes in my sinuses and clogs up my through mid-word.

Lovely, right?

But for snow, it was worth it. I'll chew antihistamines for a week if it'll bring more snow.

No comments: