Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's my birthday?

Well, today isn't my birthday. But it's only days away.

And I've hardly given it any thought. A small handful of people have asked what I'm doing or what the plans are.

The truth? There are no birthday-related plans. My birthday isn't really a big deal ever. And it's certainly not a big deal this year.

The funny part, though, my parents haven't mentioned it once. Part of me thinks they have no idea it's on Saturday. Mom will probably remember the day of. Dad's missed it before. Not that it matters.

I've got other things to think about. Like shooting my own bridal portraits this weekend (with the help of my stepsister and aunt, thankfully--an aspiring photographer and an art director). And on my actual birthday, no less.

So there. That's my birthday plan. Being a model. Wearing my full bridal getup for the first time. Feeling beautiful and running around in my shiny shoes. Not bad, right?

I think that's the best way to celebrate entering the late twenties. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: