Monday, January 11, 2010

Are we haikuing again?


Once upon a time,
The Queen of Awesome blog-ged
“Haikus have returned!”

---

I am now engaged.
This means I’m getting married.
To my Cooter Brown.

---

I hear, first comes love.
Then I hear, then comes marriage.
Let’s wait for babies.

---

I write about food.
I write about food a lot.
Perhaps I should eat.

---

Let’s go to London.
Then, let’s go to Ireland.
Honeymoon hooray!

---

Had someone told me
That I would marry ginger
I would laugh out loud.

But I’m going to
Marry a real gingerman
He’s sweet like candy.

---

A shotgun wedding
Would make my parents angry
How about rifle?

Kidding. I’m not preg.
No ginger kids for me yet.
Or ever. Strong genes!

1 comment:

Me said...

So good, Veronica. I love all the ginger-focused poetry. The last one was my favorite. And it's true, you do carry all the dominant genes. Except for the curls. His curls are going to win. Your kids will have dark, curly hair. Oh, a dream come true! Why do you think I plan on mating with Chrissy Dark-hair? Oh, the gorgeous hair our children will have!