Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why so blue, iTunes?

Years ago, the iTunes icon was green.

I loved that little green icon. It had a way of standing out against my blue Safari icon, the blue iChat icon, the blue Word icon, and the blue Preview icon.

I knew that if I wanted to flood my cubicle with tunes, that I should look for green. It took no time at all.

Then one day, iTunes had an update. That update, along with adding fun new gizmos to my favorite music program, changed the icon's main color from green to blue.

This was over three years ago. And to this day, I still look for that small shock of green when I want music.

All of the conditioning, all of the days of knowing that it's blue now haven't helped. It's imbedded into my brain that iTunes is green.

So just now, when I wanted to hear the soft crooning of my favorite musical artists, I searched for green amidst the sea of blue. And then I remembered that I  should be looking for blue among the sea of blue.

Alas. I miss green.

No comments: