Sunday, March 16, 2008

It's not easy being green.

It's stylish to be an environmentalist. So Kermit's classic ballad needs an update.

"It's Not Easy Being Green"
It's not that easy being green
Having to spend each day using less gasoline
When I think it would be nicer driving an SUV or truck
Or something with too many back seats like that

It's not easy being green
Having to turn my paper into so many other new things*
Because for every 18,000 pieces of paper
that get tossed, some bearded dude might die
Chained to a red wood

But green's the newest new black
And green can make the planet clean
And green can be hip and so popular
It makes you look like you care tons

When green is all there is to be
That is when you can stop, but then why stop?
Because if I am green, my kids will have just two eyes
And I think it's what I want for them


*(Non-politically-motivated) research actually shows that recycling paper is worse for the environment than not recycling paper. Tell your hippy friends.

No comments: