Friday, October 31, 2008

Now that I've slept, here's how I really feel.

I woke up this morning (Happy Halloween, by the way) reflecting on last night.

And then I read the blog I wrote.

And I realized, fuck. I'm not angry enough.

Now that the dust has settled and I'm no longer in shock, I can actually feel something.

So here it goes. 




Dear crazy nutjob who was driving that SUV that almost ran me over last night,

I was just wondering - do you drive with your eyes closed? Because you were at a read light and I had the go-ahead-innocent-pedestrian light.

Yet for some reason, you gunned your engine like Dale Earnhardt's blood was running in your veins.

So I need to know if your eyes were closed. It's not like I was dressed in all black with my face painted to match the street. I was VERY visible. 

But for some reason, you didn't see me or my friend.

In case you weren't aware, you were driving in Uptown Dallas. I'm pretty confident in saying that this neighborhood has the highest percentage/number/amount of pedestrians than ANYWHERE ELSE in Dallas.

Because we're all vain freaks who want to get laid. There, I said it.

So it's logical that you should be a little more aware of your surroundings. I mean, you know, since your car weighs enough to flatten bone and muscle.

I understand that every now and again, we all have a lapse of judgement behind the wheel. But you picked a really shitty time to be aloof. I mean, even after jumping backwards 2 or 3 times, I still ended up leaning over your hood! And my friend had yanked me away. Everyone on the restaurant patio across the street saw what happened.

I hope you remember this every single time you stop at a light and decide to turn on red.

Had you hit me, OH had you hit me and re-fucked up my knee (since that's the leg that was facing you), I might have killed you. That is if I weren't totally crippled and lodged under your wheeled death machine.

So lady who should really consider public transportation for the sake of everyone not surrounded by tons of metal, you should really go to the eye doctor or the regular doctor. You know, to make sure everything is alright. Tell you what, I'm getting my eyes checked. You can go with me.

I'm driving, though.

No comments: