Thursday, August 21, 2008

Music moves me. And my clothes.

Have you ever heard a song that makes you want to get naked?

Not necessarily do anything prurient, but just expose your bare skin to the air around it.

Some songs just warrant nudity.

Tonight, my iTunes is throwing the clothes-tossers at me. Oddly enough, it's while I'm hanging laundry.

The lyrics speak of city lights, but all I hear is, "Take off your shoes."

The singer croons of sleeping, but I'm too busy slipping off my socks.

The beat is slow, lazy. I realize the insanity that's taken over just before I lose my pants.

It's so odd, right? The desire to just stand there exposed to the speakers? To the song that plays? Not dancing. Not moving. Just standing.

Am I the only person who feels this?

Sometimes, music effects me while driving. We've all experienced this. The bass kicks in, the volume goes up, and the accelerator goes down.

Off into the distance you ride.

But sometimes, the beat just feels harder. The volume drowns out any logic.

And you're undoing your belt at 80 miles an hour on the state highway.

"Ma'am, do you know why I pulled you over?"

Through the armhole of my tank top I manage to reply, "Because my registration is expired?"


1 comment:

FrequencyDown said...

Ha. Does your guy know this? If so, he must be making shit ton of mixes for you!

Or maybe it's just me who thinks that way.

I guess I'm a pervo lookin' for excuses to make mixes.

Enjoy that air!