Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I may look silly, but I can run circles around you.

I’m officially one of those people.

You know the type. The freak in the gym who is too good for regular running shoes. The weirdo wearing those newfangled sneakers that look like gloves for feet. The pompous exercising hippy who thinks that aired soles and gelled cushioning do more harm than good.

The fashion victim on the treadmill.

Call me what you will---oddball, sasquatch, nerd. Just know that this tool in her freaky fingered shoes will run circles around you.

I love these damn shoes. Even if they’re ugly. Besides, I’m not really concerned about how I look in the gym. I’m concerned about how I look outside of it. And I don’t plan on wearing my monkey paws to the store.

Yet.

1 comment:

hedcon said...

you got them! do you love them? i talked to the shoe salesman last weekend, and he said they sat on his shelf for years, then one year ago they started flying off. i'm curious what you think about them ...