Monday, January 24, 2011

That costs what?

My first car was purchased for 1,000 dollars.

That car drove me all over the place. It took me to work and school. It took me to the store. It took me home.

It had an engine and a pretty reliable one at that. It had power windows. It had good breaks.

It was sturdy. And despite its lack of airbags, I felt safe.

It had a working radio. It had air conditioning. It even had a fun little moon roof.

The point is, it was a car. And it got me from A to B to C and back to A. And it cost 1,000 dollars.

My wedding photo album, on the other hand, is worth 1,700 dollars. At least that's what it was priced at.

It sits on my coffee table. And I can't even store it standing up because the pages might fall out of the binding.

This doesn't make sense to me. Why a book of photos, granted they're wedding photos, costs almost twice as much as a mode of transportation.

Am I fucking crazy?

No comments: