Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's official. I can't eat anything anymore.

I took a bite of a brownie. And then decided to ask what was in it.

"Marshmallow fluff."

I spit the brownie out. I don't eat marshmallow fluff. I don't eat marshmallows. They contain gelatin. Which I also don't eat.

I was served a fluffy dessert. It was whipped cream with pineapples and coconut. It was delicious. I asked for the recipe.

The third ingredient. Gelatin. Which as I just said, I don't eat.

Granted, this was all days ago while on vacation. But I thought I was being so careful. I ate only chips at the Mexican restaurant. I brought snacks with me on day two on the mountain because on day one, I discovered the ski lodge only had hamburgers. On day one, I risked malnutrition instead of ingesting meat-based food.

But twice during the break, gelatin snuck into my mouth. And then my stomach. And then my body.

I am what I eat.

And accidentally, unintentionally, unknowingly, I ate hypocrisy.

No comments: