Monday, May 18, 2009

You know what, Weather? You can suck it.

Sometimes, I'm lucky enough to work from home (or just be home during the day on those days when I'm a jobless bum).

For the last two weeks, I've been banging keys in my own apartment. Sometimes I'd leave to run an errand or just to escape electronics for a bit.

But for the last two weeks, it's been lugubrious outside. The clouds hung like socks on a clothesline. The rain has pelted the ground like stones. The ground swelled and became soft.

On the few dry days we had, it was too hot to really enjoy anything. Skin cancer and sweat aren't a fun combination.

So I didn't mind that I'd be in an office all this week, absorbing whatever it is you absorb from fluorescent lights.

Until today.

Because today, it's fucking gorgeous outside.

Today is the day I should be walking around downtown. Today is a great day for poolside reading. Today is the day I shouldn't be "working."

I'm sure the clouds are getting a good laugh at all of us schmucks today. And next week when we all have the day off on Monday, just you watch. It'll rain.

No comments: