Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My desk is a death trap.

Did you know it’s possible to be allergic to dust?
Dust! Plain, lands-on-everything dust.
I’m allergic to dust. And “allergic” is putting it lightly. Apparently, I’m really very truly allergic to dust. And I have the photos of my allergy test to prove it.

And my desk? Covered in dust.
This knowledge has made me paranoid. Instead of my keyboard, I see teensy, tiny skulls. The light film that collects in the corners of my work area look like tiny daggers. And the film that gathers on my phone buttons looks like itchy, sneezy spears.
No wonder I was constantly scratching my face, arms, neck ... I’m fucking allergic to my work environment. 
 I guess I could do a better job cleaning it. But everyone will laugh at me if I break out the gloves and face mask. Which is far worse than some scratching. Right?

No comments: