Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's 2:10.

Once upon a time (quite literally a time), I saw on VH1’s Pop Up Video that all clocks and watches in magazines and in stores are set to 10:10.

The reason being that 10:10 makes the clock smile and look happy.

Over the years, I’ve always made sure to take notice of the watches and clocks I see. And sure enough, they’re always at 10:10. (The question remains as to whether it’s AM or PM, but I digress.)

What I want to know is, what’s wrong with 2:50? I mean, it’s the same look---slightly upturned hands that mimic a smile. A warm feeling at knowing what the time is. A cheeky intended-to-be-subliminal message to get you to buy buy BUY!

So I’m stating here and now that if for any reason I ever get to photograph a watch, I’m moving the hands to the 10 and the two, as most art directors would, only with my timepiece the little hand will be at the two and the big hand will be at the 10 and no one will argue.

No comments: