Tuesday, July 28, 2009

When I actually get my mail, it's pretty entertaining.

Anyone who lives in my building will tell you that's it's a rare day when we actually get all of our mail.

The this-isn't-mine table is constantly overflowing. And it's pretty often that I get a phone call from a friend or relative saying, "Isn't this your address? Because the invitation I sent two months ago was sent back to me."

So it's been proven that the important stuff (wedding invitations, insurance papers, time-sensitive tax information, checks, etc.) won't usually make it to our box.

But we do get some interesting items on a daily basis. Especially now since we're engaged.

The best one? A solicitation for a Medieval wedding complete with King's Court and, I believe, maidens. (If you knew the yuppie, uptown building Cooter Brown and I live in, you'd laugh too. The thought of that particular piece of mail even making it into this zip code is pretty funny. Not that there's anything bad about a Medieval wedding--we're just not the types.)

I've received mail about garters, really bad photographers, somethings blue, and various other venues.

I'd be upset except that most of them are ridiculously funny. They obviously don't know that my fiance and I are in advertising as well as up to our necks in wedding planning.

Oh well. Into the trash can they go. Now where was that Save-the-Date card from my cousin I've been looking out for?

No comments: