Monday, January 5, 2009

Eff you, Twilight.

I refuse to read you, Twilight.

Because I can only assume you're terrible. That's why everyone reads you. You require no effort at all.

You've sucked in one of my most intelligent, literary buddies. And I won't have it.

Your teenybopper love, your virginal vegetarian vampires, all of it can go to the inky hell from whence it came.

FUCK YOU, TWILIGHT. I will NEVER read you.*

After all, I read Sweet Valley High when I was in the third grade. I got my shit fix then.

*Consider this the exception to my dismounting the literary high horse.

7 comments:

hedcon said...

but ... but ...

okay seriously, if there was more sex in sweet valley high, you'd read it now. you can't deny that.

well, this is sorta like that.

only there's not a unicorn club where you have to wear purple every day.* it's a way different club, with danger and violence!

*i kinda always wished i could be in that club. i still do.

hedcon said...

p.s. i feel very special that you called me an intelligent literary buddy. even if you take it back now. :D

FrequencyDown said...

VERONICA! NOOOOO! DON'T DO IT!!!
Don't become another terrible statistic! They're not even real vampires! They're ruining the vampire image! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I mean, seriously?! Glitter skin when they get in sunlight?! Jesus Herbert Christ!

hedcon said...

michael and et are right -- it's bad. it's really bad.

of course, how do you know that, mj?? IS IT BECAUSE YOU READ THE BOOK IN ONE DAY TOO?

:D

Jeremiah said...

I find it interesting that there would be any sex at all in that book...unless it had horrible consequences for those who engaged in such behavior.

Because the whole story is thinly veiled LDS* propaganda about abstinence.

*shrug*

j.s.

*Latter Day Saints

Ashley said...

I miss Buffy.

hedcon said...

jeremiah you are absolutely right -- no sex. and i saw that the author was mormon ... but i'm gonna keep reading JUST IN CASE.

i can't help it!

and soon, neither will veronica. mwuahahahaha.