Thursday, July 7, 2011

9946 Parkford Dr. in Dallas, Texas, has black mold.

9946 Parkford Dr. Dallas, TX


That's the house my husband and I were days away from owning when our lender told us to get a mold inspection.

That's the house that ended up having black mold in the walls.

That's the house owned by the out-of-country people who kept saying they couldn't afford to keep it and tried to get us to pay their mortgage when the closing was delayed.

That's the house that they kept telling us would go into foreclosure.

And it's also the house which I saw is back on the market.

I don't like to post things like addresses here. Or bad mouth anyone specific. Or ruin stuff for others. Or put up such blatant real-word stuff from my life.

But I have a feeling that whoever is in charge of 9946 Parkford Dr. in Dallas, Texas, won't disclose that the house has black mold.

So all I can do is post the address, 9946 Parkford Dr. in Dallas, Texas, enough to make the house climb in the Google searches. And then hope someone searches for the address. And then save that person thousands and thousands of dollars and heartache.

9946 Parkford Dr. in Dallas, Texas, has black mold. And I have the extremely expensive reports to prove it. It also has a slow water leak which caused the mold and is destroying the structural integrity of the kitchen. That's not the only leaky thing, also.

We were planning on putting a lot of money into that house to get it up to par. But the discovery of black mold made us realize we were going to spend way more than we anticipated. That and the bank wouldn't give us the money after discovering the 9946 Parkford's little, spore-spreading skeleton.

If you're interested in that house and you found this blog, I'll be honest and forthcoming about the Parkford house's history. I'll tell you everything, including how it broke my heart.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for posting. I have to believe this is the real deal. It is in foreclosure now. The law states they have to disclose mold if it has shown up in a previous inspection. We were also about to buy a house that had mold, but the owner totally remediated it and gave us the report. That's how good folks are supposed to act!

Anonymous said...

We are going to look at that house Saturday. Any info you have, I would like to know about. Sestandifer@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I ran across your post after touring this weekend. Please send me any reports you are willing to share, ngrider02@hotmail.com

Queen of Awesome said...

I'm assuming there was an open house, because Google is being kind to this post.

My husband and I aren't wanting to just hand out our mold inspection; we paid around $800 bucks for it. But I can tell everyone that there's mold in the wall that the "utility" room shares with the kitchen. There's also mold in the vents. How much mold? I have no idea. Our inspector said you have to tear down the drywall to know for sure.

There are also a few plumbing leaks in the house (which could mean more mold). And our estimate to get the house fixed up proper (addressing the flickering lights in the kitchen caused by shoddy insulation in the attic, re-insulating under the house, fixing stairs, fixing the plumbing in the master, correcting the flooding problem, fix the driveway, and more), we were looking at at least 20 grand.

We also wanted to redo all of the flooring and remove the shed in the back (add that to the cost we got). And then whatever the mold removal would cost (could be five grand, could be 100 grand).

It's a great house. It just needs tons of TLC. It's been vacant for over a year.

beth r said...

Noooo. We were supposed to view this house this evening and our realtor told us it had been taken off the market.

Thank you for posting this!

Anonymous said...

The house is about to come out of foreclosure and we were interested until reading your blog. Can you send me the report? Gigemag(at)email.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! My husband and put a pid on this house last year. We fell in love with it but had problems with the foundation and that the copper wiring had been stripped from the entire house. The banker who had the foreclosure basically laughed at our realtor when we proposed a bid only $10,000 shy of asking price. Months passed and we still thought about the house so we decided to have one more look to decide if it was worth full price. When we went to look at it not only had more wiring and plumbing been removed from the walls but there were homeless people living there! They were building a fire in the fireplace and eating frozen corn dogs in the living room when we entered. They were also using the room next to the kitchen and sunroom as their bathroom! Obviously we did not place another bid. A friend of mine mentioned wanting to look at it and I said it has way too many problems to deal with but out of curiosity wanted to do a google search and found this. Good for you for posting this as the people or bank who owns this is obviously wanting to scam someone into this house. I can't believe someone would be so careless and greedy not to take care of this house. I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you because it did have potential.I applaud you on your honesty and wanting to warn people about this house!

Queen of Awesome said...

I can't even believe how much horrible stuff has happened to that house SINCE we lost it.

How is any of this legal. Is it legal?

I feel like someone's playing a joke on all of us.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your blog!!! I think Security is major issue for internet security.So use a better security system for safe surfing.

black mold Dallas