Tuesday, September 25, 2007

AK has inspired me.

So the super-awesome AK has inspired me.

AK takes a photo every day. Every single day AK shoots something, captures it and shares it with the world.

He does this every day.

Never misses a day.

Every day.

You can see that this amazes me.

Well, it's time for me to do something every day (in addition to the many things that I do every day in order to live: eat, breath, sleep).

I need to write every day. And not just for work or in an email. Every day in order to live, I need to pick up a pen and write. Or open my laptop and type. Or scribble on napkins. Or even type in this blog thing.

I have this talent, this skill. This ability to string words together. This hankering to spill my guts.

Tons of people have this. Most of them can't write. Perhaps I can't. But I'll try.

I'll try until I'm blue in the face.

So this is my promise to myself: I will write something every day.

It might be personal. It might be fictional. It might be silly or angry.

But you bet your ass that my itchy brain in conjunction with my eager fingers will put pen to paper (so to speak).

Thank you, AK., for the inspiration. Let's hope I can keep it up.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm excited! About your blog... and my cup!